Posted Date: 2017-12-07
8455 CR 474
Clermont, FL 34711
This position is a Salaried Assistant Mine Manager that will be working at a dredge sand mining & classifying operation with non-union hourly employees. The plant and dredge operate two (2) shifts per day and at times one (1) to two (2) shifts per day on the weekends. This position will be located in Central Florida. Responsibilities for these positions will include Safety & Management of the employees, quality control of the finished products, plant & pit (dredge) operations, mobile & fixed equipment operations, scheduling & planning of repair/maintenance and housekeeping. This position is a training role to potentially lead into a Plant Manager’s position for a successful candidate. Note: This is a hands on position at times enabling the candidate to excel in our industry.
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory or management experience in a salaried role in the mining industry. Also, a minimum 4 – 7 years industry related experience, preferably in fine aggregate operations w/dredging, pumping, screening, classification and material handling experience.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma and further education (Military, College or Trade School) preferred.
- Ability to operate all heavy mobile equipment as well as the plant and dredge.
- Ability to maintain plant and dredge equipment. Welding and cutting experience preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership and management abilities to manage and motivate plant personnel.
- Must possess strong mechanical and problem solving skills
- Possess computer skills utilizing Microsoft applications, JD Edwards, Kronos (Time Keeper) and AggQC application knowledge a plus.
- Must hold FDOT Field and Laboratory Aggregate Technician Qualifications or ability to obtain within 6 months of employment
- Must have a valid Florida Driver’s license, a good driving history, and be able to maintain less than 4 points on their Florida driver’s license at all times.
- Must possess good mechanical knowledge & abilities to plan, schedule, and execute a world class maintenance program.
- Must be organized, dedicated, and possess good communication skills, both written and verbal.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Actively Promote E.R. Jahna’s Core Values of Safety, Quality Control, Environmental Stewardship, Employee Satisfaction, Customer Satisfaction and Operational Excellence.
Maintain a safe working environment, safe working practices and ensure all safety notification & reporting processes are in place.
Number one goal: “Every employee goes home in the same or better condition that they arrived to work”. Zero accidents, injuries or occupational illnesses!
Promote being your brother and sister’s keeper in everything we do!
Provide coaching, motivation, leadership and support to plant & dredge personnel to ensure the development of a high performance team.
Develop action plans and measures to meet and/or exceed budgeted production and cost goals.
To safely Manage the plant and dredge operations to achieve maximum productivity and availability at the lowest cost per ton.
Manage personnel issues to include training, development, and morale.
Ability to work with all levels of the workforce (Hourly, Plant & Area Management and Senior Management) to achieve the organizational goals.
Maintain product quality above industry standards.
Work ethically, practice good business judgment and conform to all state and federal laws as well as follow and enforce all of E.R. Jahna’s standards and policies.
Other duties as assigned or required to meet performance and safety requirements.
Ability to work and travel to other mine locations as needed for training and back-up.