Posted Date: 2020-02-14
8455 CR 474
Clermont, FL 34711
This position is a Salaried Assistant Mine Manager that will be working at a dredge sand mining & classifying operation with non-union hourly employees. The plant and dredge operate two (2) shifts per day and at times one (1) to two (2) shifts per day on the weekends. This includes a night shift. This position will be located in Clermont Florida. Responsibilities for these positions will include Safety & Management of the employees, quality control of the finished products, plant & pit (dredge) operations, mobile & fixed equipment operations, scheduling & planning of repair/maintenance and housekeeping. This position is a training role to potentially lead into a Plant Manager’s position for a successful candidate. Note: This is a hands on position at times enabling the candidate to excel in our industry.
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory or management experience in a salaried role in the mining industry. Also, a minimum 4 – 7 years industry related experience, preferably in fine aggregate operations w/dredging, pumping, screening, classification and material handling experience.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma and further education (Military, College or Trade School) preferred.
- Ability to operate all heavy mobile equipment as well as the plant and dredge.
- Ability to maintain plant and dredge equipment. Welding and cutting experience preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership and management abilities to manage and motivate plant personnel.
- Must possess strong mechanical and problem solving skills
- Possess computer skills utilizing Microsoft applications, JD Edwards, Kronos (Time Keeper) and AggQC application knowledge a plus.
- Must hold FDOT Field and Laboratory Aggregate Technician Qualifications or ability to obtain within 6 months of employment
- Must have a valid Florida Driver’s license, a good driving history, and be able to maintain less than 4 points on their Florida driver’s license at all times.
- Must possess good mechanical knowledge & abilities to plan, schedule, and execute a world class maintenance program.
- Must be organized, dedicated, and possess good communication skills, both written and verbal.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Actively Promote E.R. Jahna’s Core Standards of Safety, People, Quality, Delivery and Cost.
• Maintain a safe working environment, safe working practices and ensure all safety notification & reporting processes are in place.
• Number one goal: “Every employee goes home in the same or better condition that they arrived to work”. Zero accidents, injuries or occupational illnesses.
• Promote being your brother and sister’s keeper in everything we do.
• Provide coaching, motivation, leadership and support to plant & dredge personnel to ensure the development of a high performance team while managing personnel issues.
• Develop action plans and measures to meet and/or exceed budgeted production and cost goals.
• Manage the plant and dredge operations to achieve maximum productivity and availability at the lowest cost per ton.
• Ability to work with all levels of the workforce (Hourly, Plant & Area Management and Senior Management) to achieve the organizational goals.
• Maintain product quality above industry standards.
• Work ethically, practice good business judgment and conform to all state and federal laws as well as follow and enforce all of E.R. Jahna’s standards and policies.
• Other duties as assigned or required to meet performance and safety requirements.
• Ability to work and travel to other mine locations as needed for training and back-up.