Posted Date: 2019-01-09
4949 Sand Mine Rd.
Davenport, FL 33897
The ability to operate multiple types of heavy mobile equipment in a mining environment. (i.e. Articulated Haul Truck, man-lift, 8+ Cu Yd. Front-end loader, Track Mounted Excavator, Bull Dozer, and Fork-lift to load, lift and transport aggregate materials and/or equipment.) Must have an interest in being cross trained to operate and maintain all mine equipment.
- Actively promote R. Jahna’s Core Values of Safety, People, Quality, Delivery and Cost.
- Responsible for the safe daily operation of all mobile and related equipment.
- Maintain constant radio or phone contact with the mine manager/lead-man to monitor loading equipment operation and to maximize loading productivity & efficiency.
- Performs routine inspection and assists in preventative maintenance on light or heavy mobile related equipment and refers & documents defects or needed repairs to mine manager/lead person.
- Performs all duties in conformance with appropriate safety, environmental and security standards.
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Five (5+) plus years of experience relating to the operation of heavy mobile equipment is required
- Military, Trade or Technical schooling related to heavy equipment operation a plus
- A good mechanical aptitude is a plus
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Load tractor-trailers and dump trucks and maintain and clean-up stockpile loading areas
- Push mine tailings or overburden in front of the dredge
- Dig or excavate earthen materials as needed
- Fill out forms to report mechanical problems to mine manager or lead person
- Communicate and cooperate with scale house, over the road truckers and customers
- Record mobile equipment down time and actions taken
- Fuel and clean the heavy mobile equipment
- Make or assist in heavy mobile equipment repairs as needed
- Must have an interest in being cross trained to operate all fixed and mine equipment
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Replace or assist other workers as needed or directed
- Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor or Lead Person
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to carry out simple oral and written instructions and deal with simple problems.
2. Ability to perform basic computer functions and use loader bucket scale.
3. Basic mathematical skills, including basic arithmetic functions and common units of measurements.
4. Ability to read English sufficiently to be able to read information contained in manuals, regulations, and reports, including Safety issues and related matters.
5. Ability to speak English and communicate with others via a two-way radio.
6. Basic English language skills for completion of various paperwork such as pre-shift inspections forms.
7. Ability to detect safety hazards and equipment malfunctions and respond accordingly.
8. Lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling and/or moving 50 pounds maximum, with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
9. Basic mechanical knowledge to detect potential breakdown of equipment.
10. High level of attentiveness and physical coordination to operate heavy mobile equipment safely and productively in heavy traffic areas.
Work tasks are performed outdoors and subject to environmental and weather condition changes.
8 to 12+ hours per day.
40 to 60+ hours per week and some weekend work. (Holiday work if customer requires)
As time permits during shift, does not have a break period designated as lunch time.
Sits 80% of the time as a heavy mobile equipment operator. Stands 20% of the time as laborer.
Exposed to heat, humidity, cold, and dampness as he/she works outside 100% of the time. Works in a cab 8+ feet above ground. Dust is stirred up frequently by vehicle movement and wind.
• Must climb ladder up to 8+ feet high to reach cab.
• Must continuously load tractor trailers and dump trucks, push or dig earthen materials while operating the heavy mobile equipment.
• Must be alert and coordinated while operating heavy mobile equipment.
• Must be able to operate a high pressure hose during clean up.
• May have to perform the other tasks including laborer’s work (shoveling, hosing, greasing, etc.) when required.