Posted Date: 2018-10-16
8455 CR 474
Clermont, FL 34711
This position will be responsible for the safe transport of heavy equipment to different locations and ensure proper loading and unloading of all equipment. Requires the ability to operate multiple types of heavy mobile equipment in a mining environment. Must have an interest in being cross trained to operate and maintain all mine equipment and may perform a variety of skilled and semi-skilled tasks as directed by your supervisor.
- Actively promote E.R. Jahna’s Standards of Safety, People, Quality, Delivery and Cost.
- Responsible for the safe operation of haul truck and related equipment.
- Safely load and unload heavy equipment.
- Must understand and obey all DOT driving regulations.
- Perform routine inspections and assist in preventative maintenance.
- Complete pre- and post-trip inspections on truck equipment and supplies, such as tires, lights brakes, gas, oil, and water.
- Refers defects or needed repairs to Maintenance Manager.
- Maintain constant radio or phone contact with the mine manager/lead person to monitor equipment transport and maximize productivity & efficiency.
- Performs all duties in conformance with appropriate safety, environmental and security standards.
Qualifications & Educational Requirements
- Experience operating heavy equipment: 2-5 years
- dozer, haul truck, crane, forklift, track hoe, skid steer, tractor, boom truck
- Must possess a valid Class A CDL license
- Hauling experience: 2-5 years
- Must be over 21 with a clean driving record
- Preventative Maintenance and “hands on” work experience
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent preferred
- Trade or Technical schooling a plus
- Any equivalent combination of education or experience
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of equipment, facilities, materials, methods and procedures used in maintenance, operation and repair activities of a sand plant.
• Skilled in the operation of hand tools and small power tools.
• Ability to perform manual tasks for extended periods of time; to work safely; to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, contractors and managers; and to understand and carry out written and oral instruction.
• Basic record keeping skills.
• Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls. The employee is continually required to walk, sit, climb, traverse stairs repeatedly and occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, listen and smell.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
This employee must be able to pass DOT physical and drug screen on a continuous basis.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works outside in adverse weather conditions. This position may spend long periods of time in a sedentary position while transporting equipment. Must be able to stay alert and aware of their surroundings. The employee frequently works near loud moving mechanical parts, frequently exposed to wet, hot and/or humid conditions, and exposed to vibration.
Employees must follow all safety guidelines throughout designated shift. Must wear minimum 6″ steel toe boots, safety vest, eye protection, hard hat and additional PPE as required.
Benefits, Pay and Schedule
Pay Rate: Pay rate is dependent upon experience. Shift differential pay for nights and weekends.
Schedule: Employee will most likely be required to work long extended hours, shift work (days, afternoons, or nights), and weekend shifts, as required.
Lunch/breaks: As time permits during shift, does not have a designated break time during shift.
Benefits: Health Insurance, Paid Vacation, 401(k) Matching, Profit Sharing, Dental and Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Safety Bonuses.