Posted Date: 2019-11-19
202 E Stuart Avenue
Lake Wales, FL 33853
Oversees all IT areas concerning ER Jahna Management and manages the day to day operations of the IT infrastructure. This position must have the ability to interact with the other members of senior management to provide effective solutions to the technology issues facing operations. Must be technically and interpersonally skilled to handle support of common applications and telecommunications equipment. Must also be aware of the most up-to-date methods and technologies in the IT industry and must have the ability to manage a technical staff of two people.
- Actively promote E.R. Jahna’s Core Values of Safety, People, Quality, Delivery and Cost.
- Provide operational and maintenance support:
- Company network components ( 100% )
- Company applications ( 100% )
- Company network components
- Company voice systems
- Voice/Data infrastructure (cabling & wireless)
- Develop, implement and monitor technology policies and controls to ensure compliance with corporate policies, as well as legal and regulatory requirements. Ensure all audit activities are performed in a timely manner to support corporate standards for all supported networks. Perform lead role for administration and all plants.
- Consult with management to analyze computer system needs for management information and functional operations, to determine the scope and priorities of projects and to discuss system capacity and equipment acquisitions.
- Develop and recommend strategies for technology and operations, hardware and software purchases, budget, and staffing.
- Coordinates computer operations scheduling, storage and functions.
- Develop, maintain and test disaster recovery plans.
- Maintain knowledge in the area of systems, networks, databases and hardware; research new developments in technology for the company.
- Evaluate and test hardware, software, network and data communications.
- Ensure programs and systems throughout the entire company (i.e. JD Edwards, Kronos, Outlook, etc.) are operating without interruption and troubleshoot when necessary to minimize disruption to operations.
- Maintain accurate records of system files; software and hardware problems and service requirements.
- Establish and administer backup procedures for all systems to ensure protection from loss of data.
- Act as liaison for the company with vendors and suppliers to ensure that the terms of maintenance agreements are followed by all concerned.
- Ensure IT infrastructure is compliant, secure, efficient, user friendly and up to date.
- Explore, assess and report on new and emerging technologies that will improve quality and reduce cost of IT operations and services.
- Develop, propose, implement and maintain effective policies and procedures for use in IT operations and security.
- Projects and additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or any other relevant field.
- Ability to perform all work functions safely and comply with all MSHA and Company safety and IT policies.
- 5+ years of relevant IT experience.
- JD Edwards and Kronos experience a plus.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of networking systems, services, protocols, and server hardware.
• Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professional.
• Ability to effectively communicate information to employees and management.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
• Available and responsive to issues.
• Lead and complete all upgrades and enhancements for the company IT infrastructure.
• Planning and organizing
• Problem analysis
• Problem Solving
• Communication skills
• Must possess strong interpersonal communication skill
• Deep understanding of Technology and it’s impact upon the business, both positive and negative
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This job is sedentary for prolonged periods of time.
This position may occasionally require traveling in a company vehicle.