Posted Date: 2018-08-21
8455 CR 474
Clermont, FL 34711
The Lead Person position will be working at a sand mining & processing operation. The position will be responsible for overseeing safety, the hourly employees, quality control of the finished products, plant & pit (dredge) operations, mobile & fixed equipment operations, maintenance, and housekeeping assigned to their shift and/or area of responsibility. The Lead Person will be knowledgeable and capable in all aspects of the Mining Operation for which they are responsible (i.e. operate and maintain the fixed and mobile equipment). The Lead Person is the hourly employee’s first point of contact during work hours. The Lead Person is expected to set the example for Safety, People, Quality and Productivity. This is a Night Shift position. Note: This is a hand’s on position and will be subject to the companies 90 Day Probationary Period.
- Actively Promote E.R. Jahna’s Standards of Safety, People, Quality, Delivery and Cost.
- Maintain a safe working environment, safe working practices and ensure all safety notification & reporting processes are in place.
- Supervise and delegate tasks, while assisting employees when needed.
- Provide coaching, motivation, leadership, and support to plant & dredge personnel to ensure the development of a high performance team.
- Manage the plant and dredge operations to achieve maximum productivity and availability at the lowest cost per ton.
- Manage personnel issues to include training, development, and morale.
- Ability to work with all levels of the workforce (Hourly, Plant & Area Management and Senior Management) to achieve the organizational goals.
- Maintain product quality above industry standards.
- Work ethically, practice good business judgment, conform to all state and federal laws, and follow/enforce all of E.R. Jahna’s Standards & Policies.
- Interact with and if needed, supervise contractors, vendors and customers.
- Understand which problems can be handled on your own and when you need to bring in your Mine Manager.
- Lead the preventative maintenance program by proper inspections, proper training, finding opportunities and repair before failure.
- Assist with MSHA inspections and act as intermediary when the Manager is not there and/or available.
Other Specifications and Requirements:
- Must possess a valid Driver’s license and have/maintain less than 4 points. CDL is a plus.
- Must observe and comply with all Safety policies and procedures.
- Complete safety, health and task training. (i.e.MSHA Part 46, First Aid, and CPR).
- Assist plant operations and maintenance personnel as required.
- Perform other tasks associated with the job.
- Operate other electrical and mechanic tools.
- General knowledge of safety, environmental and other federal, state, and local regulations.
- General knowledge of the machinery and equipment mechanics.
- Complete assigned training as required.
- Fulfill other jobs as required.
- Meet/exceed the company safety standards.
- Ability/willingness to travel overnight to other mine locations in and out of state.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Minimum of 2 – 4 years mining industry experience and some supervisory/leadership experience. Preferably fine aggregates operations w/ dredging, pumping, screening, classification and material handling experience.
• Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Further education such as Military, College or Trade School preferred.
• Ability to operate all heavy mobile equipment as well as the plant and dredge.
• Ability to maintain plant and dredge equipment.
• Demonstrated leadership and management abilities to oversee and motivate plant personnel.
• Must hold DOT Field and Laboratory Aggregate Technician Qualifications or ability to obtain within 6 months of employment/promotion or within a reasonable time set by management.
• Must be organized, dedicated, and possess good communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Must possess mechanical and problem solving skills.
• Assist the Maintenance Manager to plan, schedule and execute a world class maintenance program (if applicable).
Work Task Requirements:
Most of the work tasks (80+%) are performed outdoors and subject to environmental and weather condition changes.
Hours: 8 to 16 hours per day.
Week: 40 to 60+ hours per week, sometimes more. Must have a flexible schedule and ability to work overnight and weekends, etc. as needed.
Lunch: As time permits during shift, does not have a break period designated as lunchtime. May work continuously for several hours without a break.
Sits 25% of the time-in an awkward position and not in the normal sitting position,
such as sitting in a chair. Stands 75% of the time. May work in small areas and/or confined spaces.
Exposed to water, dust, heat, humidity, fumes, cold and dampness when working outside. Shop is not air-conditioned. Must stand on hard and sometimes slippery work surfaces to perform work duties.
Minimum Physical Capabilities:
• Must climb and work at heights over 100 feet.
• Must climb ladders based 100 feet above ground, to work on conveyors, bins, dredge gantries, cyclone towers, etc.
• Must lift 75+ lbs. while performing work. Frequently, the lifting is done from unusual positions.
• Must push and pull heavy weights while performing work duties.
• Must walk around mine premises and plant area to perform daily work.
• Must hold and press heavy pieces of equipment and machinery during repairs and/or welding jobs.
• Must stay focused and be alert and coordinated while performing welding and/or related mechanical work.
• Must be able to work over, work in or around open water and from work boats, floating pipe lines, dredges, etc.
• Skin on hands, arms and face occasionally subject to chemical contact such as grease oil, mineral spirits, etc.
This position reports to the Mine Manager.
This position is to be filled without regard to sex, religion, race, national origin or disabilities.