Posted Date: 2019-06-26
8455 CR 474
Clermont, FL 34711
The ability to operate a 10+ Cu Yd. Front-End Loader in a mining environment. Safely and efficiently load tractor-trailers and dump trucks with aggregate materials in a timely manner. Keep loading pad clean and ensure proper drainage around stockpiles, plant and loading circle. This job interfaces, on a daily basis, with the rest of the operations in this location. Also, performs a variety of skilled and semi-skilled tasks as directed by your supervisor. Must have an interest in being cross-trained. Maintenance experience a plus.
- Actively promote E.R. Jahna’s Standards of Safety, People, Quality, Delivery and Cost.
- Utilize touchpad tablets with program related to ensure proper loading of material.
- Communicate with the scale house and haulers in a professional manner.
- Meet DOT requirements for loading to ensure quality control.
- Responsible for the safe daily operation of all mobile and related equipment.
- Maintain constant communication with all site employees and/or contractors and customers to monitor loading equipment operation and to maximize loading productivity & efficiency.
- Performs routine inspection and assists in preventative maintenance on all related equipment and documents defects or needed repairs to supervisor or appropriate personnel.
- Performs all duties in conformance with appropriate safety and environmental standards.
- Load tractor-trailers and dump trucks while maintaining stockpile loading areas.
- Record mobile equipment down time and actions taken.
- Fuel, lubricate and maintain housekeeping on all mobile equipment.
- Must complete MSHA Part 46 training course.
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Basic computer skills
- Two (2+) plus years of experience relating to loading tractor-trailers and dump trucks is preferred
- Military, Trade or Technical schooling related to heavy equipment operation a plus
- Preventative Maintenance and “hands on” work experience
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to carry out simple oral and written instructions and deal with simple problems.
• Ability to perform basic computer functions and use loader bucket scale.
• Ability to read English sufficiently to be able to read information contained in manuals, regulations, and reports, including Safety issues and related matters.
• Ability to speak English and communicate with others via a two-way radio.
• Basic English language skills for completion of various paperwork such as pre-shift inspection forms.
• Ability to detect safety hazards and equipment malfunctions and respond accordingly.
• Basic mechanical knowledge to detect potential breakdown of equipment.
• High level of attentiveness and physical coordination to operate heavy mobile equipment safely and productively in heavy traffic areas.
• Ability to use operator’s manual.
• Must continuously load tractor trailers and dump trucks, push or dig earthen materials while operating the front-end loader.
• Must be alert and coordinated while operating the front-end loader.
• Must be able to operate a high pressure hose during clean up.
• May have to perform the other tasks including laborer’s work (shoveling, hosing, greasing, ) when required.
• Will be required to climb in and out of equipment as needed throughout the shift.
• Lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling and/or moving 50 pounds maximum, with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
• This position may be sedentary for extended periods of time.
Other Ergonomic Requirements:
The position is a physical demanding job. The functions performed ordinarily involve: extending hands and arms in all directions, holding, grasping, and turning objects using hands, operating joysticks, steering wheel and other necessary controls. Involves climbing up and down ladders. Performance of some tests or operation of equipment may require motor coordination, finger dexterity, eye-hand-foot coordination and color differentiation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works outside and in adverse weather conditions. The employee frequently works near loud moving mechanical parts, frequently exposed to wet, hot and/or humid conditions, and exposed to vibration. Employees must follow all safety guidelines throughout designated shift. Must wear minimum 6″ steel toe boots, safety vest, eye protection, hard hat and additional PPE as required.