Posted Date: 2019-06-20
8455 CR 474
Clermont, FL 34711
The E.R. Jahna Industries Maintenance Manager position will be responsible for the safe maintenance support of five (5) sand mine dredging operations, which four (4) are located in Florida and one (1) located in Savannah, Georgia area. This position will also support the maintenance for the ERJ Contract Dredging Division, which operates up to six (6) contract dredges. The position would currently manage six (6) highly skilled shop/plant maintenance employees as well as utilizing support from maintenance & operational personnel from the five (5) mines and the contract dredging division. Key responsibilities will include the Safety & Management of all employees; planning & scheduling of preventative/predictive mine and dredge maintenance, major mine maintenance/shutdowns, capital projects; and maintenance/housekeeping of the 474 shop facilities as well as the mobile support equipment (i.e. fixed and mobile cranes, forklifts, tele-handler forklift, man-lifts and support trucks).
- Actively Promote E.R. Jahna’s Core Standards of Safety, People, Quality, Delivery and Cost.
- Number one goal: “Every employee goes home in the same or better condition that they arrived to work”. Zero accidents, injuries or occupational illnesses!
- Promote being your brother and sister’s keeper in everything we do!
- Provide/Train/Maintain a safe working environment, safe working practices, and ensure all task training of all employees as well as safety notification & reporting processes are in place.
- Provide coaching, motivation, leadership and support to plant maintenance personnel to ensure the development of a high performance maintenance team with safe work behaviors.
- Develop action plans and measures to meet and/or exceed budgeted production, sales and cost goals.
- Manage and assist the Area Managers & Plant Managers in their plant maintenance programs to achieve maximum availability at the lowest cost per ton.
- Manage maintenance shop personnel issues to include hiring, training, development, morale and terminations.
- Ability to work with all levels of the workforce (Hourly, Plant & Area Management and Senior Management) to achieve the organizational goals.
- Manage, develop and administer thorough, effective capital expenditures and asset maintenance processes for the plant, mobile and dredging equipment.
- Provide and Maintain a quality maintenance program that strives for continuous improvement.
- Promote and develop teamwork within the E.R. Jahna Industries organization.
- Work ethically, practice good business judgment and conform to all state and federal laws as well as follow and enforce all of E.R. Jahna’s standards and policies.
- Other duties as assigned or required to meet performance and safety requirements.
- Ability to travel to other locations as needed.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Minimum 5 – 7 years of industrial maintenance management related experience, preferably in fine aggregate operations w/dredging, pumping, screening, classification and material handling experience. Minimum of a high school diploma, AS or BS in engineering, construction technology, project/maintenance management or additional continued education preferred, but not required.
• Demonstrated leadership and management abilities to manage and motivate maintenance personnel.
• Demonstrated teamwork skills to support the ERJ Area Managers and Plant Managers in achieving their and your goals.
• Possess strong computer skills utilizing Microsoft applications, JD Edwards, and Kronos (Time Keeper) knowledge a plus.
• Must have a valid Florida Driver’s license, a good driving history, and be able to maintain less than 4 points on their Florida driver’s license at all times.
• Must possess good mechanical knowledge & abilities to plan, schedule, and execute a world class maintenance program.
• Must be organized, dedicated, and possess good communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Conveys a positive attitude, continually focused on satisfying internal company requirements
• Good organizational skills, analytical ability, written and verbal communication skills.
• Team player that utilizes the team approach to solving problems and making improvements.
This position reports to the Area Manager.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the results of a pre-employment background check and drug screen, as well as the execution of our non-compete agreement.