Posted Date: 2019-10-14
8455 CR 474
Clermont, FL 34711
Position will perform all types of mechanical jobs as well as welding & cutting functions throughout the plant, mine site and dredge. Mechanical jobs include repairs on the existing equipment and machinery and/or installation of new pieces of equipment and structures needed for the normal operation of the plant and dredge. This position also performs a variety of skilled and semi-skilled tasks as directed by immediate supervisor. Employee will most likely be required to work long extended hours, shift work (days, afternoons or nights), and weekend shifts, as required. Must be willing to travel.
Actively Promote E.R. Jahna’s Core Values of Safety, People, Quality, Delivery and Cost.
Mechanics job include the following:
- Perform mechanical work and repairs on the plant machinery
- Evaluate and coordinate mechanical needs, repairs and modifications
- Procuring and moving parts, material, equipment and necessary tools
- Operating forklift, hoist or crane during repairs
- Assist and perform emergency repairs throughout the plant, dredge, and sand mine
- Uses bars, calipers, gauges, precision instruments, hands tools and wrenches
- Weld, cut and grind as part of the repair process
Maintenance work includes the following:
- Inspect equipment reported malfunctioning, including mechanical equipment and carry out required repairs as needed
- Maintain necessary maintenance records
- Prevent damage to machinery, equipment to determine what repairs are needed
- Ability to inspect mechanical equipment to determine what repairs are needed
- Responsible for maintenance a clean and safe workplace, including company vehicle and tools
- Maintain a tool inventory on a daily basis
Qualifications & Education Requirements:
- Graduation from high school education or GED equivalent
- Trade or Technical schooling a plus
- Preventative maintenance and ‘hands on’ work experience
- Two (2) years of maintenance experience
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and be able to meet Insurance Standards as this position will operate a company vehicle
- Welding and torch cutting skills a plus
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to carry out simple oral and written instructions and deal with simple problems.
• Ability to read English sufficiently to be able to read information contained in manuals, regulations, and reports, including Safety issues and related matters.
• Ability to speak English and communicate with others via a two-way radio.
• Ability to detect safety hazards and equipment malfunctions and respond accordingly.
• Ability to maintain a safe, clean and organized work environment.
• Electrical and mechanical knowledge to detect potential safety hazards and breakdown of plant and sand mine machinery and equipment and respond accordingly.
• Ability to operate standard and automatic welding machines and equipment, and powered mechanic tools. Ability to cut, and mount fabricated components needed to repair equipment.
• Ability to identify and select the appropriate material and equipment necessary to perform the correct mechanical work and repair.
• Skilled in the operation of hand tools and small power tools.
• Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
• General knowledge of the machinery and equipment mechanics
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with certain disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls. The employee is continually required to walk, sit, climb stockpiles, traverse stairs repeatedly and occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, listen and smell.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Other Ergonomic Requirements
The position is a physical demanding job. The functions performed ordinarily involve: extending hands and arms in all directions, holding, grasping, turning objects using hands, picking, or otherwise working with fingers, perceiving size, shape, temperature or texture of objects through contact with the skin, primarily fingers. Involves climbing on ladders. Performance of some tests or operation of equipment may require motor coordination, finger dexterity, eye-hand-foot coordination and color differentiation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works outside in adverse weather conditions. The employee frequently works near loud moving mechanical parts, frequently exposed to wet, hot and/or humid conditions, and exposed to vibration.
Employees must follow all safety guidelines throughout designated shift. Must wear minimum 6″ steel toe boots, safety vest, eye protection, hard hat and additional PPE as required.
Schedule: Employee will most likely be required to work long extended hours, shift work (days, afternoons, or nights), and weekend shifts, as required.
Lunch/breaks: As time permits during shift, does not have a designated break time during shift.