Posted Date: 2019-03-26
4949 Sand Mine Rd
Davenport, FL 33897
The goal of the Mining Division Management Training Program is to recruit and hire a qualified individual with the potential for advancement within the organization and to prepare them for a future operations management position within the mining division of E.R. Jahna Industries, Inc. Individuals hired as management trainees will be placed in an 18 – 24 month training program to learn the operational aspects of the business. The program will be an intensive “hands-on” training experience, working in a continuous improvement atmosphere with the front-line employees and managers, in a production environment in various areas of the mining operations. The work includes the operation, preventive maintenance and repair of plants, bulldozers, dredges, loaders, excavators, fork-lifts, cranes, conveyor belts, classifiers, cyclones, pumps, screens, diesel & electrically powered machinery and equipment used in the mining of our products. They should expect to learn how to cut & weld as well as to learn the use of various tools. During the training program, employees should expect travel & nights away from home, shift work, long hours, and weekend work.
- Minimum 1-3 years of mining or industry related experience, preferably in fine or coarse aggregate operations. Preferably w/dredging, pumping, screening, classification and material handling experience. BS in Mining/Mechanical/Industrial/Civil/Geology Engineering and Industrial or Construction Management required.
- Demonstrated leadership and potential management abilities to manage and motivate mine personnel.
- Possess strong computer skills utilizing Microsoft applications, Auto-CAD, and AggFlow. Would need to learn the following software applications: JD Edwards, Kronos (Time Keeper) and AggQC applications.
- Must hold a FDOT and GDOT Field and Laboratory Aggregate Technician Qualifications or ability to obtain within 9 months of employment.
- Must have a valid Florida Driver’s license, a good driving history, and be able to maintain less than 4 points on their Florida driver’s license at all times.
- Must possess good mechanical knowledge & abilities to plan, schedule, and execute a world class maintenance program.
- Must be organized, dedicated, and possess good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Conveys a positive attitude, continually focused on satisfying internal company requirements.
- Good organizational skills, analytical ability, written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player that utilizes the team approach to solving problems and making improvements.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Actively Promote E.R. Jahna’s Standards of Safety, People, Quality, Delivery and Cost.
Maintain a safe working environment and safe working practices and ensure all safety notification and reporting processes are in place.
Number one goal: “Every employee goes home in the same or better condition that they arrived to work”. Zero accidents, injuries or occupational illnesses.
Promote being your brother and sister’s keeper in everything we do.
Provide coaching, motivation, leadership and support to plant personnel to ensure the development of a high performance team.
Strive to become the most knowledgeable individual in the construction materials mining industry and apply that knowledge in everything you do.
Be able to develop action plans and measures to meet and/or exceed budgeted production, sales and cost goals.
Be able to manage a plant maintenance program to achieve maximum availability at the lowest cost per ton.
Be able to manage personnel issues to include hiring, training, coaching, skill development, a high morale and terminations.
Ability to work with all levels of the workforce (Hourly, Plant & Area Management and Senior Management) to achieve the organizational goals.
Be able to manage, develop and administer thorough, effective capital expenditures and asset maintenance processes for the plant.
Be able to manage and maintain a quality control program that exceeds the industry standards.
Promote and develop teamwork within the E.R. Jahna Industries organization.
Be able to work ethically, practice good business judgment and conform to all state and federal laws as well as follow and enforce all of E.R. Jahna’s standards and policies.
Promote and support E.R. Jahna’s active community business partnership.
Other duties as assigned or required to meet performance and safety requirements.