Posted Date: 2019-10-03
8455 CR 474
Clermont, FL 34711
This position operates Sand Classification Plants or similar equipment and assists in the daily functions of the mine. Must be knowledgeable in maintenance, repair and operation of sand plant related systems. Knowledge to perform Quality Control on products. Will be required to become DOT certified for sampling and testing products produced by the plant and enter results into AGG.QC data base. This position also performs a variety of skilled and semi-skilled tasks as directed by immediate supervisor. Employee will most likely be required to work long extended hours, shift work (days, afternoons or nights), and weekend shifts, as required. Note: This is a Night Shift position.
- Actively promote E.R. Jahna’s Core Values of Safety, People, Quality, Delivery and Cost.
- Responsible for the safe daily operation of the Sand Plant and related equipment.
- Maintain constant communication.
- Monitor equipment operation to maximize productivity and ensure quality products are being produced.
- Insures proper operation of sand plant related equipment.
- Performs routine inspection and assists in preventative maintenance on equipment and refers defects or needed repairs to immediate supervisor.
- Performs all duties in conformance with appropriate safety, environmental and security standards.
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduation from high school education or GED equivalent
- Trade or Technical schooling a plus
- Preventative maintenance and ‘hands on’ work experience
- Two (2) years of experience relating to operation of a sand plant
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience
- Welding and torch cutting skills a plus
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of equipment, facilities, materials, methods and procedures used in maintenance, operation and repair activities of a sand plant.
Skilled in the operation of hand tools and small power tools.
Ability to perform manual tasks for extended periods of time; to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, contractors and managers; and to understand and carry out written and oral instruction.
Basic record keeping skills.
Computer skills, enter data and interpret data, read and respond to emails.
Ability to maintain a safe, clean and organized work environment.
Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with certain disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls. The employee is continually required to walk, sit, climb stockpiles, traverse stairs repeatedly and occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, listen and smell.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works outside and inside the control room and quality control lab, but most of the time works outside in adverse weather conditions. The employee frequently works near loud moving mechanical parts, frequently exposed to wet, hot and/or humid conditions, and exposed to vibration. Also, the employee continually works around water.