Posted Date: 2017-12-07
8455 CR 474
Clermont, FL 34711
The Project Manager/Engineer works within the Support Services Group for the ERJ Mining and Contract Dredging Operations. The Project Manager/Engineer is responsible for several employees and for identifying, developing, planning and executing capital and process improvement projects. The Project Manager/Engineer has a direct reporting responsibility to the V.P. of Operations and indirect reporting responsibility to the Area and Plant management within his/her geographic area of assignment. The critical elements of a successful project implementation and completion are planning, scheduling, costs, meeting time-line goals, communications and teamwork. The position interacts daily with operating personnel, front line management, contractors and vendors as well as periodic interaction with other Support Services personnel and senior management. The Project Manager is in a specialist service position where he/she is required to undertake engineering investigations and design on a project basis, to meet specific situation requirements. This is accomplished by performance of administrative duties and maintaining the control and organization of all assigned projects; performing work on time, at the highest practical standard of safety and quality, at the lowest possible cost, and in a manner which will enhance our company’s performance.
- The Project Manager/Engineer must have a minimum of a 4-year project management or engineering degree and 5 years’ field experience in a construction materials related field. A post graduate emphasis in material processing, construction management, and/or construction aggregates manufacturing experience preferred, but not required.
- Possess a fundamental knowledge of soil mechanics, drainage engineering, material process flow and sound practices in civil and structural engineering works.
- Possess formal and practical educational experience in process layout and control, engineering estimating, engineering analysis, project scheduling and construction management implementation techniques.
- The individual must be comfortable working in a diverse multi-cultural environment, often under adverse weather conditions and often requiring extended work hours and days.
- The individual must become familiar with the policies and infrastructure of E.R. Jahna Industries and personally committed to the company’s Zero for Life commitment to Health and Safety.
- Possess good organizational skills, analytical ability, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have or possess prior to employment a valid Florida Driver’s license, a good driving history (no prior DUI’s or reckless driving violations), and be able to maintain less than 4 points on their Florida driver’s license at all times.
- Must be well versed in computer use and proficient in the following software application:
- All Microsoft Windows and Office Products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Project Scheduling (MS Projects preferred)
- Adobe Acrobat
- Agg Flow
- AutoCAD (2D drawings/3D is a plus)
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Actively Promote E.R. Jahna’s Core Values of Safety, Quality Control, Employee Satisfaction, Customer Satisfaction and Operational Excellence
• Maintain and develop a safe working environment and safe working practices and ensure all safety notification and reporting processes are in place
• Ensuring all necessary health and safety regulations are complied with, in particular by contractors, subcontractors and other external services on site
• Communicating all relevant feedback to appropriate levels of responsibility from on-site problems and opportunities
• Provide coaching, motivation, leadership and support to ERJ Employees, Contractors and Vendors to ensure the success of the projects and business goals
• Liaising with operating personnel; plant, area and senior management to plan projects prior, during and after project execution
• Managing projects to budget and timescale
• Management and scheduling of project meetings and action items
• Completing projects to the satisfaction of initial objectives and customer satisfaction
• Offering alternatives and back up services to the customer
• On site management of contractors
• Interacting with customers to resolve technical queries and problems
• Development of project description and scope that identifies the task and objective
• Compliance to Preliminary Engineering Design Procedures and deliverables
• Compliance to Detailed Engineering Design Procedures and deliverables
• Compliance to Specifications to Contactors and deliverables
• Compliance to ERJ General Standards for Aggregate Plant Construction
• Reporting Requirements including:
– Summary Report to Customer on project Status
– Weekly Engineering Report to Manager
– Daily Journal of Work on assigned Projects
– Paper and electronic documentation of all relevant project data
• Any other ad-hoc duties, which may be required from time to time