Posted Date: 2018-12-03
4949 Sand Mine Rd
Davenport, FL 33897
The ability to operate multiple types of heavy mobile equipment in a mining environment. (i.e. Articulated Haul Truck, man-lift, 8+ Cu Yd. Front-end loader, Track Mounted Excavator, Bull Dozer, and Fork-lift to load, lift and transport aggregate materials and/or equipment). This position will also assist in the warehouse by receiving, distributing and organizing parts while maintaining inventory. In addition, this position will use a company vehicle and or trailer to pick up parts when necessary.
- Actively promote E.R. Jahna’s Core Values of Safety, Product Quality, Employee Satisfaction, Customer Satisfaction and Operational Excellence.
- Responsible for the safe daily operation of all mobile and related equipment.
- Maintain constant radio or phone contact with the mine manager/lead-man to monitor loading equipment operation and to maximize loading productivity & efficiency.
- Performs routine inspection and assists in preventative maintenance on light or heavy mobile related equipment and refers & documents defects or needed repairs to mine manager/lead person.
- Performs all duties in conformance with appropriate safety, environmental and security standards.
- General housekeeping of warehouse and office facilities.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Load tractor-trailers and dump trucks and maintain and clean-up stockpile loading areas
2. Push mine tailings or overburden in front of the dredge
3. Dig or excavate earthen materials as needed
4. Fill out forms to report mechanical problems to mine manager or lead person
5. Communicate and cooperate with scale house, over the road truckers and customers
6. Record mobile equipment down time and actions taken
7. Fuel and clean the heavy mobile equipment
8. Make or assist in heavy mobile equipment repairs as needed
9. Must have an interest in being cross trained to operate all fixed and mine equipment
10. Distribute incoming plant parts and mobile equipment parts or stock on warehouse pallet racks.
11. Take inventory of existing warehouse parts.
12. Assist in reordering inventory items when they are low or at critical levels.
Marginal job functions:
• Replace or assist other workers as needed or directed
• Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor or Lead Person